This picture, The Old Boat Launching Tractor by Graham Ibson, has recent comments. The latest was by joyce vitek (right) who said:
Hi Graham I haven't cut any paintings in half yet.. but if I don't like the results of the work I cover it with black gesso and then I feel better.:) This work is beautifully done. You always do such a great job with details:)
This picture, Make It Noo by Irena Erstenuk, has recent comments. The latest was by michael plesset (right) who said:
This is a really fine painting, great composition and use of color. Sometimes I see one and think "i wish I had done that one", and this is one of them.
Netta Pickering, has uploaded this new picture (left), Bailey, showing shorter snout.
Joe Roselle, has uploaded this new picture (left), Saguaro Blooms.
This picture, Beautiful Bird by Sandra A. Ross, has recent comments. The latest was by Netta Pickering (right) who said:
Very well done, Sandra, Lovely job on this regal bird. As to your question, lots of concentration on each particular feather, perhaps printing out a detail of each area would help. Regards, Netta
This picture, Stanley Young - Pakenham barman by Zdenka Better, has recent comments. The latest was by Marika Rozalia Seprenyi (right) who said:
Hello Zdenka dear....Yes i think the darker tone is important here..and his shirt little darker whod of bring his face out more...besides that this is looking really good to me...
This picture, Camry by Valerie Curtiss, has recent comments. The latest was by Nadine Dennis (right) who said:
I love the way you used the palette knife to create movement in this painting, Valerie. Painting a car is very different for you but you aced it. I love the colours in this, so very vibrant and beautiful to view.
I challenge myself, quite often because I am still searching as I think a lot of artists, do. It is exciting and a bit scary to try something new.
pauline kielty, has asked a question on this picture (left), Poppies in the wind!!!!.
First "real" painting with knives. Found it really hard. Does anyone else?
This picture, I Can See Clearly Now by Jenny Zovein, has recent comments. The latest was by Mary Rogers (right) who said:
Fantastic work, Jenny! I love this. He certainly has an ideal vantage point for looking out over the world! I don't hardly remember many of my dreams unless they are from God and then they are quite vivid and always memorable. One time I had an idea for a painting immediately upon waking up and later on made a painting out of it. You can check it out on my site..it's called Wild and Free." That would be nice if it could happen more often.
Mary Rogers, has uploaded this new picture (left), Just My Size.
This picture, Old still life Drawing by Laurel Cyrene, has recent comments. The latest was by Angela Susan Harrison (right) who said:
Such a lovely graphite drawing of this kettle and wooden objects, it looks super! Yes, over the years I have attended Art class, mainly drawing though, it's nice to look at old pictures, and upgrade our skills along with other Artists and follow a discipline too!
brainfree, has uploaded this new picture (left), Lost.
Peter Hope, has uploaded this new picture (left), Brent's Dad.
Alan Craddock, has uploaded this new picture (left), Another view of Eleanor.
Steven Shipley, has uploaded this new picture (left), Haunted House.
Cynthia Richards, has uploaded this new picture (left), The Wait.
Roy Huff, has uploaded this new picture (left), Violet Water Lilly in a Pond. This is currently their most popular picture...
Sabine K, has asked a question on this picture (left), Eruption of life.
What else would you put into the picture in order to emphasise the eruption of life?
Sy Tyson, has uploaded this new picture (left), Summer Time.
Does silence help keep you focused when your doing your artwork? Do you get distracted easily with t.v. and other sound when you're working?
I don't like the silence, I need noise. I usually put on up beat music on to keep me going but sometimes i also put my favourite tv show on and run the risk of... view answer
abstract acrylic animals autumn beach birds blackandwhite blues boats buildings cats charcoal cityscape clouds dogs drawings dreams fantasy figurative fish flowers forsale glaze greens horses impasto inks landscape layers moon mountains oil oranges pastel pens plein‑air portrait reds rivers roses seascape snow still‑life sunsets surrealism texture trees watercolor wildlife