This picture, The Old Boat Launching Tractor by Graham Ibson, has recent comments. The latest was by Isaura (right) who said:
Sometimes it happens. Even today I was so frustrated when I wanted to turn an image of a painting of mine into my desktop and the system cut the head of the figure. For the second time it cut her arm.. and I made up my mind and chose another subject. But to tell you the truth I think this painting of yours would work better without the old tractor and the tyres. Here the painting plays with two very marked contrasts- the liberty of an eternal seascape and the death of a man's machine. We can't see the boat. My dear FRiend, maybe you are right and I'm talking nonsense. The fact is that I love the background with that seagull flying and the lighthouse too. The background is me and the foreground is something connected with men's point of view, I think. Pardon me if I'm saying nonsense.. The tractor is very well made, you know. I'm only talking about the meaning. Wish you always the best, Isaura
This picture, Christmas on Mt. Red by Rosa Antonia, has recent comments. The latest was by Viktor (right) who said:
Wonderful art piece,my friend!Realy impressive and happy.Love it all over.Warm regards.Viktor.
This picture, Spring Turkey by Merle Arquette (Mick), has recent comments. The latest was by Nadine Dennis (right) who said:
Hi Mick, this is great fun. The turkey in the foreground made me smile. I like all the angles, my eye wants to follow the road and but comes back to follow the trees into the distance. Love the little cardinal int he tree. Your son will cherish this painting. Your question is an interesting one, I guess I tend to go for the reflection of the sky, so blue shades. If I was painting a rocky bottom, that might be different.
Cheers,
Nadine
1 hour 1 minute ago view
This picture, Bird of Paradise, a faded beauty by Nadine Dennis, has recent comments. The latest was by Merle Arquette (Mick) (right) who said:
Interesting Nadine, I don't believe I have viewed dead flowers in a painting before. So used to seeing the bright colors and all. This is awesome work. Well done.
This picture, A Mothers Pride by Sean Conlon, has recent comments. The latest was by Nyra Aherne (right) who said:
Hello Sean. This definitely has to go into my favourites, what a delightful painting. To answer your question , yes I have gone back and painted an old one again, with slight variations and it is comforting to see that, in my books, I have improved!! Warmest wishes, Nyra
Anne B Wright, has uploaded this new picture (left), Fantasy roses.
This picture, Osprey Stare by Tricia Gray, has recent comments. The latest was by Marilyn (right) who said:
I try to paint every day for a couple of hours. I do it to overcome physical pain. I lose myself and literally forget the discomfort.
I enjoy selling some of my work at expos, but it's not a necessity. Birds are my passion, so I was drawn to your beautiful owl.
Marilyn xx
This picture, ice tree by Sabine K, has recent comments. The latest was by Anka Sevic (right) who said:
Hi Sabina,gorgeous and elegant...as an Ice Tree it isn't cold..more tender like velvet...Thanks for Ur kind comment appreciated it very much...Best Regards...anka
Bastiaan Mol, has uploaded this new picture (left), Alfredo Duarte Marceneiro , in watercolors.
This picture, Camry by Valerie Curtiss, has recent comments. The latest was by Ankica (right) who said:
Totally different subjects are fresh adding in the portfolio of the all artists,my dear Val,this is absolutely amazingly done,I love rich colors and your remarkable texture,BRAVO!A biggest hugs and much thanks,my dear friend for your lovely comment,Ankica
This picture, Final Journey by Laurel Cyrene, has recent comments. The latest was by Mary Rogers (right) who said:
This is a wonderful interpretation of it, Laurel and really interesting. I have not had a near death experience but have only read about others that had them. As a Christian, I believe to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord and my eternal home is heaven.
Anny, has uploaded this new picture (left), A farewell portrait. This is currently their most popular picture...
Marilyn, has uploaded this new picture (left), the early bird catches the worm. This is currently their most popular picture...
evajune, has uploaded this new picture (left), Happy days. This is currently their most popular picture...
Roy Huff, has uploaded this new picture (left), Mackay Old Roylen Enderavour 11 Cruser to Great Barrier Reef. This is currently their most popular picture...
Tony Stokes, has uploaded this new picture (left), Daffni Duck. This is currently their most popular picture...
N.Divakaran, has uploaded this new picture (left), Ma nishada. This is currently their most popular picture...
Dianne Devens, has uploaded this new picture (left), City Lights. This is currently their most popular picture...
Tricia Gray, has uploaded this new picture (left), Lilies in the Light.
Duncan Sawyer, has uploaded this new picture (left), Tiger montage.
was added to the group
Isaura's Special Favorites
was added to the group
Traditional outfits
I didn't find this one easy to paint but feel my reference material let me down as I didn't have enough detail to understand full and it was probably a mistake...
this is an amazing painting...the two images meld together perfectly...you have captured the movement of the subjects...largely by the energetic grass in the... view answer
abstract acrylic animals autumn beach birds blackandwhite blues boats buildings cats charcoal cityscape clouds dogs drawings dreams fantasy figurative fish flowers forsale glaze greens horses impasto inks landscape layers moon mountains oil oranges pastel pens plein‑air portrait reds rivers roses seascape snow still‑life sunsets surrealism texture trees watercolor wildlife