joyce vitek, has asked a question on this picture (left), Morning Glory.
I usually paint in oil and on a smaller canvas. But I wanted to try something new.. It was a little out of my comfort zone. Does anyone feel uncomfortable painting on different size canvases and in different mediums?
This picture, De Hoge Berg, Texel juli 2016 by Paul Berkholst, has recent comments. The latest was by Iphigenia Burg (right) who said:
love the prospective, the background with the detail front and love the looseness of the paint that brings this nice texture that makes it work so well for me
This picture, White Diamonds by Margaret, has recent comments. The latest was by bob (right) who said:
white is white and you can't get whiter than white! To portray light reflection as effectively as possible you need to get the contrast with the colours around it. So with a diamond, put simply, you need just a point of pure white in a darker background. It's all relative! Great painting, love the hair (and the lips oh and the eyes and the nose...) 11/10 as per usual
This picture, Life's a Beach plus a Jet-Ski by Graham Ibson, has recent comments. The latest was by Steven Shipley (right) who said:
Always listen to your wife, Graham! Great painting!
Roman Rocco Burgan, has uploaded this new picture (left), waiting for the fairies. This is currently their most popular picture...
This picture, framed! by Marilyn, has recent comments. The latest was by Danielle (right) who said:
Two wonderful paintings, these feathered friends look amazing, love the beautiful detailed work!
Peco Art, has uploaded this new picture (left), Irises (Vincent van Gogh). This is currently their most popular picture...
PI, has uploaded this new picture (left), Sovinjak.
This picture, Wolf howling by Angela Susan Harrison, has recent comments. The latest was by barbara leavitt (right) who said:
this is very beautiful...I didn't see the one in the foreground until I made it larger...thus I love your placement...I love the pencil scratches for the teeth in the 1st one...It is enough to give us the meaning of fangs...the 2nd one is quite beautiful...and I get the feeling of fuzzy ears of thick fur...and the eyes are so well done (very alert looking in the 2nd one) I love your color choices....even the two scratches vertically in front of the 2nd. one are building a mountain or a stack of snow.....great work Angela take care B
Giorgia Bettini, has uploaded this new picture (left), Dancing Head.
This picture, Pearls and The Rose by Sandra A. Ross, has recent comments. The latest was by Marilyn (right) who said:
30th Wedding Anniversary!
Beautiful image which would make a sensational card for a 30th Wedding Anniversary. Maybe even to go with a gift of pearls.
You have a very gentle way with your brush strokes - well done.
Marilyn x
Mauricio Duarte (Anuraghi), has uploaded this new picture (left), EstilhaƧos. This is currently their most popular picture...
Sue Turner, has asked a question on this picture (left), Feed me!.
This is stage 2 as I have tried to add some 'glow' to the basic drawing ~ do you like working from memory and can you think of ways for me to improve this scene, the birds especially?
Jeanette Susan Couper, has uploaded this new picture (left), Baby kookaburra.
Do you ever get "stuck " on a work? this is a replacement for one that was burned up completely in "That" fire. It is the 10th in a series of 21 Images.
Yes, of course I do get "stuck" on a work sometimes. Then I leave it and get back to it (sometimes a year or years later) when I have an idea how to finish.... view answer
abstract acrylic animals autumn beach birds blackandwhite blues boats buildings cats charcoal cityscape clouds dogs drawings dreams fantasy figurative fish flowers forsale glaze greens horses impasto inks landscape moon mountains nature oil oranges pastel pens plein‑air portrait reds rivers roses seascape snow still‑life sunsets surrealism texture trees watercolor wildlife