This picture, John Cunningham Donegal by John Cooney, has recent comments. The latest was by Madeleine Prochazka (right) who said:
Amazing detail, skin perfectly rendered. I can't believe you did this in watercolor too!
This picture, Spring Thaw on a foggy Grenadier Pond by Nadine Dennis, has recent comments. The latest was by Kathryn Sue Smith (right) who said:
I love your composition. I love the morning fog, but not crazy about the cold. I don't think I'd do well up north of where I live. It is cold enough here. I truly love the peacefulness of this work. I do paint often from photos I've taken or someone else has. I usually do have to step back and make the painting look more 3D. Usually the photo gives enough light and dark sources to make that adjustment while I'm working.
This picture, Mustang by Anthony Knight, has recent comments. The latest was by Monica Craver (right) who said:
Oooh! Love this painting! It sparkles. You have captured this Mustang beautifully!
Monica Craver, has uploaded this new picture (left), Wildflowers among the Grasses. This is currently their most popular picture...
John Cooney, has uploaded this new picture (left), Hugh and Beaut Donegal.
Ron Ewins, has uploaded this new picture (left), The Way We Were. This is currently their most popular picture...
scribble, has uploaded this new picture (left), Light.
Bert Grant, has uploaded this new picture (left), She Will Show You The Way.
Is it really so hard to give substance in an abstract or it is just because is my first try? Any comments and suggestions much appreciated. Thanks so much!
For me I typically will use a palette knife somewhere in the painting . You can slide the yellow up or down or aswipe sideways with more yellow. You can... view answer