Recent comments received by Vicki Wynberg

On this picture, young lady in hat, Bastiaan Mol (right) said
happy and Sunny portrait. Lovely ! greetings, Bastiaan
2 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, Alan Craddock (right) said
Wonderful work , such an attractive face , very well done indeed ,
2 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, steve morris (right) said
A beautiful portrait.
I really don`t know how to work through a dry spell. Experiencing one now as i speak.
So many other ideas going through my mine that i have no idea where to beging so i guess i`ll just wait untill the mood hits me again.
3 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, David Roy Mullins (right) said
Nicely done! My compliments and very best wishes, David.
3 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, Angela Susan Harrison (right) said
Nice features for this young lady and the shades and tones draw out her cheekbones well, nice soft expression from her eyes, and dark areas around her face where her curls are formed. The hat looks dignified and the background shades light and appears faded with a dry effect, maybe add a hint of grey then lift the pigment out with dry brush or eraser.
4 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, Sy Tyson (right) said
Well done. good capture. lovely face. good drawing.
Sy
4 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, Gloria M. Núñez (right) said
Beautiful and delicated portrait Vicki!
Kisses
4 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, Duncan Sawyer (right) said
Lovely sketch Vicki, nice expression.
Sometimes when I lack inspiration an can't figure what to do, I might go through some old half finished artworks and decide to finish one off. Doesn't mean that you have to finish them the way you originally intended, gives an opportunity for a new perspective.
5 days ago view
On this picture, young lady in hat, Marilyn (right) said
This is fabulous! Just love it!
I don't have dry spells - I didn't start painting until I was 70 years old, mainly to relieve pain, which it does!
If I hurt, I paint!
Marilyn xx
5 days ago view

Recent comments made by Vicki Wynberg

On this picture, young lady in hat by Vicki Wynberg, Vicki Wynberg (right) said:
Thanks Duncan! And thanks for the reminder about unfinished work. Helps a lot.
5 days ago view
Marilyn, Thanks for your encouraging reply! Good for you for starting at 70 and glad it eases your pain.
5 days ago view
Robyn, thanks so much for your comments. Eyes are my favorite feature to draw/paint. Noses are a challenge.
5 days ago view
Ha! Thanks Barry. I use acrylic, which can be painted over and over. Love your work.
5 days ago view
On this picture, Rudge Ulster by Keith Winter, Vicki Wynberg (right) said:
Excellent pencil work. Amazing detail and value work.
6 days ago view
Keith, I appreciate your great compliment!
6 days ago view
Thanks Dian!
6 days ago view
On this picture, Drought by leonard comsuta, Vicki Wynberg (right) said:
This is beautiful! I don't paint many landscapes, so wouldn't know what advice to give.
6 days ago view
Thanks Nyra. This means a lot to me. Loving your landscapes!
6 days ago view
Thanks Cynthia!
6 days ago view
was added to the group
a face
Do you think the skin tones are o.k. or should they be a little less orange? also any other comments that could be helpful, I would appreciate, thankyou.?
what a beautiful job you have done on Stevie!! She is one of my favorite singers and I have seen her three times, twice solo and once with Fleetwood Mac. I... view answer
abstract acrylic animals autumn beach birds blackandwhite blues boats buildings cats charcoal cityscape clouds dogs drawings dreams fantasy figurative fish flowers forsale glaze greens horses impasto inks landscape moon mountains nature oil oranges pastel pens plein‑air portrait reds rivers roses seascape snow still‑life sunsets surrealism texture trees watercolor wildlife